2 days / Luang Say Cruise
The Luangsay Mekong cruise proposes here a one way journey over two days with one night accommodation at the LuangSay Lodge in Pakbeng.
You can choose to travel down river from Chiang Khong / Houei Say (the Thai/Lao border) to Luang Prabang OR upriver from Luang Prabang to the Thai/Lao border at Huay Xai.
[img src=”http://www.vietnamvietnamuniquetours.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/luang-say-cruise-2.jpg”]Luang Say Cruise[/img]
[img src=”http://www.vietnamvietnamuniquetours.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/luang-say-cruise-3.jpg”]Luang Say Cruise[/img]
[img src=”http://www.vietnamvietnamuniquetours.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/luang-say-cruise-4.jpg”]Luang Say Cruise[/img]
[img src=”http://www.vietnamvietnamuniquetours.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/luang-say-cruise-5.jpg”]Luang Say Cruise[/img]
[img src=”http://www.vietnamvietnamuniquetours.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/luang-say-cruise-6.jpg”]Luang Say Cruise[/img]
PROGRAM DOWN RIVER: [Thai Border -> Luang Prabang]
- From 1 Oct 13 to 30 Apr 14 and 1-31 Oct 14 departs every Monday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday.
- From 1 May 14 to 30 Sep 14 departs every Monday and Friday.
- Please note : No operation in June for maintenance
DAY 1: HUAY XAI – PAKBENG
The Luang Say boat leaves Huay Xai pier at 9.30am (please be at Luang Say Houei Sai office not later than at 8.30) for a cruise down the Mekong River to Pakbeng. En route, one stop is made to observe rural life along the Mekong and observe minorities. A buffet lunch is served on board. We arrive in Pakbeng before sunset and check in at the Luang Say Lodge. Dinner on the terrace, overlooking the Mekong River.
DAY 2: PAKBENG – PAK OU – LUANG PRABANG
You will enjoy a full breakfast at the Lodge from 7.00am. (Optional: walk to Pakbeng market, where people from the surrounding village of minorities sell their goods, please ask at Luang Say lodge). At 8.00am board the boat for the second leg of the cruise. A short stop is made to visit a hilltribe village where you can watch the traditional process of Lao whiskey production before having a buffet lunch on board. Continue to Pak Ou village at the mouth of the Nam Ou River, where you visit the Tam Thing Caves of a Thousand Buddhas. Arrive at Luang Prabang around 16h00 or 17h00.
PROGRAM UP RIVER: [Luang Prabang -> Thai border]
- From 1 Oct 13 to 30 Apr 14 and 1-31 Oct 14 departs every Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday.
- From 1 May 14 to 30 Sep 14 departs every Wednesday & Saturday.
- Please note : No operation in June for maintenance.
DAY 1: LUANG PRABANG – PAK OU – PAKBENG
Luang Say boat leaves Auberge Calao pier at 07h00am (please be at pier not later than 6.45 am) for a cruise up the Mekong to Pakbeng and the Luang Say Lodge. A continental breakfast is served while the boat is cruising to Pak Ou Village, at the mouth of the Nam Ou River, where you will visit the Tam Thing Caves of a Thousand Buddhas. Enjoy a buffet lunch on board then stop at a hilltribe village where you can watch the traditional process of Lao whiskey production. Arrive at Pak Beng around sunset and check in at Luang Say Lodge. Dinner on the terrace, overlooking the Mekong River. (*)
DAY 2: PAKBENG – HUAY XAI
Full breakfast at the Lodge. At 7.00am board the boat for the second leg of the cruise. En route one stop is made to observe rural life along the Mekong and observe minorities. Buffet lunch on board and then continue to Houei Say where you will arrive around 5.00pm (you may proceed to Chiang Rai in the same day.)
(*) From November to February, on our upstream (Luang Prabang to Houei Say) itinerary, we are sometimes unable to fit a visit to the whiskey village. We apologise for this but as it can be foggy in the mornings, and getting dark early, we need to ensure the safety of our passengers to get to the LuangSay Lodge during daylight.
- Transfer from Laos’s immigration to the pier in Houeisay or v.v.
- 2 days cruise with stops and visits en route
- 1 night accommodation at the Luang Say Lodge
- Meal plan as mentioned in the program ( 2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast )
- Coffee, tea & drinking water on board and during meals.
- Admission fee at visiting points as mentioned in the program.
- Services of qualified crews during the cruise.
- Transfer from/to hotel to pier in Luang Prabang
- Shuttle boats to Chiang Khong / Houei Xay or Houei Xay / Chiang Khong
- Immigration fees in Houei Xay
- Soft and Alcohol Drinks during the trip.
- Visa approval and fees for Laos
- Services in Luang Prabang
- Personal insurance
- Other personal expenses
Note: The tour price based on two persons onwards.