3 days / Siem Reap: The best of Angkor
See the best of Angkor in Siem Reap for 3 days. Once you visit Cambodia, Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm and a boat trip on Tonle Sap Lake is a must. And this tour will take you there to discover the best of Angkor of Cambodia.
Day 1: Siem Reap – Arrival (L)
Upon arrival at airport, we welcome you and transfer you to hotel for check-in.
Take a relaxation before we start the tour by visiting some famous temples in Siem Reap including: East Mebon, Ta Som, Neak Panan, Preah Khan, Pre Rup.
- The East Mebon is a 10th Century temple at Angkor, Cambodia. Built during the reign of King Rajendravarman, it stands on what was an artificial island at the center of the now dry East Baray reservoir.
- Ta Som is a small temple at Angkor, Cambodia, built at the end of the 12th century for King Jayavarman VII. It is located north east of Angkor Thom and just east of Neak Pean.
- Neak Pean at Angkor, Cambodia is an artificial island with a Buddhist temple on a circular island in Preah Khan Baray built during the reign of King Jayavarman VII. It is the “Mebon” of the Preah Khan baray.
- Preah Khan is a temple at Angkor, built by the King Jayavarman VII. Preah Khan is, like Ta Prohm, a place of towered enclosures and shoulder hugging corridors. However, the temple of Preah Khan is in a reasonable state of preservation and ongoing restoration efforts should maintain and even improve this situation.
- Pre Rup is a temple at Angkor, Cambodia, built as the state temple of Khmer king Rajendravarman and dedicated in 961 or early 962. It is a temple mountain of combined brick, laterite and sandstone construction.
Stay overnight at hotel in Siem Reap.
Day 2: Siem Reap – Best of Angkor (B,L)
In the morning, visit to the antique capital of Angkor Thom (literally: “Great City”), located in present day Cambodia, was the last and most enduring capital city of the Khmer empire. Continue your visit at the South Gate with its huge statues depicting the churning of the ocean of milk, the Bayon Temple, unique for its 54 towers decorated with over 200 smiling faces of Avolokitesvara, the Phimeanakas, the Royal Enclosure, the Elephants Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King.
Continue your visit to Ta Prohm, one of the most beautiful temples in Angkor. Ta Prohm has been relatively untouched since it was discovered and retains much of its mystery. Neak Pean, a fountain built in the middle of a pool (representing the paradisiacal Himalayan mountain-lake), Ta Som, built in late 12th century C.E. the most distant temple on the grand circuit, small but classic.
In the afternoon, visit Angkor Wat the most famous of all the temples on the plain of Angkor. The temple complex covers 81 hectares and is comparable in size to the Imperial Palace in Beijing. Its distinctive five towers are emblazoned on the Cambodian flag and the 12th century masterpiece is considered by art historians to be the prime example of classical Khmer art and architecture.
Before ending the tour today, enjoy a wonderful sunset scenery from the Top of Phnom Bakhen Hill.
Evening, enjoy a buffet dinner which includes a Khmer Traditional Dance Show (Apsara dance show) at a local restaurant.
Overnight at hotel in Siem Reap.
Day 3: Siem Reap – Famous temple and boat trip (B,L)
Morning, take a boat trip for sight-seeing on Tonle Sap Lake, the Great Lake of Cambodia. It is one of the largest lakes in Asia. Here, enjoy a brief cruise past floating villages complete with schools, restaurants, and hospitals.
On the way back, visit Les Artisans d’Angkor, home of handicraft center and the Old Market ” Phsa Chas”, a lively outdoor market where you will find antiquities, silver and gold jewelry, gems, silk, kramas, stone and wood carvings, as well as T-Shirts, CDs and other souvenirs.
Rest of the day is your leisure time until we transfer you to airport for your departure flight.
End of the tour!
- Airport pick-up and transfer.
- Transfer as per itinerary.
- Meals as per itinerary.
- Boat trip on Tonle Sap Lake.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Entrance fees.
- Personal expenses.
Note: The tour price based on two persons onwards.