- Departure every day.
- Duration: 6 days 5 nights.
- Tour ID: SPHL01D
- Itinerary: Hanoi – Y Linh Hồ – Lao Chai – Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai – Su Pan – Halong Bay– Cat Ba Island.
- Highlights: 1 night stay on boat in Halong bay, 1 night stay in a local house in Sapa
Day 1: Hanoi city tour – Lao Cai/Sapa (L)
This fully guided day tour takes you to the best places that this beautiful and charismatic city has to offer. Various selected highlights include the Ho Chi Minh Complex, Temple of Literature, Museum of Ethnology, Ngoc Son Temple and an hours cyclo tour around the bustling old quarter. Lunch will be served at one of Hanoi’s local restaurants.
– Pick you up at your hotel at 8am
– Visiting Ho Chi Minh Complex: Completed in 1975 the complex contains Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, his former stilt-house residence, the Presidential Palace and the Ho Chi Minh museum.
– Visiting The Temple of Literature: Originally built as a temple to Confucius, this is the site of Vietnam’s first university dating back to 1070. Inside are the stone steles mounted on the backs of turtles, inscribed with the names of the university’s graduates. The complex is divided into five courtyards with different paths that would originally have been reserved for the Emperor and his mandarins. One of the courtyards contains the statue of Confucius guarded by two beautiful bronze storks standing on turtles. The temple highlights the importance influence that Vietnamese society has placed on education.
– Museum of Ethnology: This museum is widely acknowledged as the best in the country and has an extensive display dedicated to Vietnam’s 54 Ethnic minority peoples. As well as the comprehensive array of exhibits inside, there are also traditional tribal houses reconstructed within the grounds.
– Ngoc Son Temple and Hoan Kiem Lake: The Ngoc Son temple is set on a tiny island on the Hoan Kiem Lake, with history dating back to the 13th century. The temple is reached by crossing the Huc Bridge which literally means the ‘Place Touched by Morning Sunbeams’. The Hoan Kiem Lake is the local point of the city and the source of many legends. One legend has it that in the 15th century Emperor Le Thai To vanquished the invading Chinese with the help of a magical sword. Whilst rowing on the lake an enormous turtle seized the sword from his grasp. The Emperor took this to mean that peace had returned and the sword had been given back to its guardian spirit. In honour of the event he renamed the lake ‘Ho Hoan Kiem’ – Lake of the Restored Sword.
– One hour cyclo tour through the Old Quarter – a must for any visitor to Hanoi! A cyclo (pronounced see-clo) is a Vietnamese version of a cycle rickshaw, originally used as the main form of transportation in Vietnam, it has now been overtaken by motorbikes, but still very much remains at the heart of Vietnamese culture. Sit back and relax as you witness the hustle and bustle of Vietnamese life from the comfort of your arm chair! The Old Quarter, also known as the 36 streets, is a bustling area of narrow streets home to literally thousands of small businesses, shopkeepers and street vendors, selling everything from bananas to books. Originally each of the 36 streets names’ were related to the products being sold there. Hence you can walk from Fish Street to Tin Street to Bamboo Street. It’s a great place to explore and the slow pace of a cyclo will enable numerous photo opportunities.At approximately 6pm we will return you to your hotel.
*18.00: Back to your hotel. It’s your free time now to have dinner and a short while to explore the streets of Hanoi.
20.00: Mini bus pick up from your hotel and transfer to Tran Quy Cap train station.
21.00: Train depart and sleep the nights on train. Travel time approx 9 hrs.
Day 2: Sapa – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van (B, L, D)
08:00 am: After breakfast and a morning shower, we will walk from Sapa towards Muong Hoa valley where we can admire magnificient landscape. Here you will discover the wonderful scenery of Hoang Lien moutain ranges amd meet Black H’mong tribes. Trek through terraced rice paddies and minority villages along the Muong Hoa River, where we can here a nice swim.
We then cross the suspension bridge towards the Zay village, arriving at Ta Van, where we have dinner cooked on a wood fire enjoying the company and hospitality of our Zay family and homestay overnigh.
Day 3: Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai – Su Pan – Sa pa (B, L, D)
Enjoy mountainous landscape with your sunrise coffee, then enjoy a delicious breakfast ready to trek through bamboo forests towards Giang Ta Chai waterfall, cross over a rattan suspension bridge and enter into Giang Ta Chai village which is inhabited by the Red Zao minorities.
Here we will experience their daily life then cross over the Muong Hoa River up the mountain to visit Supan village of the H’mong people. We then take the bus back to Sapa. Take a fresh shower in the hotel before heading to Lao Cai train station for the night train back to Ha Noi.
Night 4: Lao Cai – Ha Noi – Halong Bay ( B,L,D)
**05.00: Arrive at Tran Quy Cap station (Hanoi) for Bus transfer to hotel and have breakfast.
7.45- 8.30: Pick you up at your hotel by shuttle bus of Galaxy Cruise.
10.30: Take a rest at Humanity center and enjoy local specialties.
12.00: The captain and tender welcome you to get Galaxy Cruise. Savor the delicious lunch as Galaxy Cruise pass through thousands of Islands and Islets with different shapes.
15.30: Explore the biggest and the most amazing cave in Halong Bay –Surprise Cave.
17.00: Kayaking for an hour around the fishing village and discover the life of community there. Then back to Galaxy Cruise for Sunset Party, get to calm, clean water place for swimming.
19.30: Enjoy delicious and romantic dinner with some barbecue courses.
21.00: Free time for entertainment with the funny plays such as squid fishing, karaoke program, stars watching on sundeck… Spend romantic night on board.
DAY 5: Halong Bay – Cat Ba Island (B – L – D)
7.30: Enjoy breakfast while complimentary tea and coffee are served.
8.30: Stop Van Gia fishing village for taking photos. Then transfer toViet Hai harbor by “Day Boat” for biking 30 minutes to Viet Hai village, which belongs to Cat ba National Park. Have short break anddiscover the local lifestyle there
13.00: Lunch is served on “Day boat” then continues to cruise MonkeyIsland for monkey watching and swimming.
15.30: Arrive Cat Ba Island and check in the hotel.
19.00: Have dinner in the hotel and free to explore Cat Ba town in the evening. Overnight in Cat Ba Island
DAY 6: Cat Ba Island – Hanoi ( B – L)
6.30: Start your new day on Halong bay with doing morning exercises,Taichi or hunting photos. Have breakfast with coffee or tea …
8.00: Bus takes you to Cai Beo harbor, get on “Day Boat”, back Galaxy Cruise.
10.00: Visit Ba Hang Fishing Village by tender to experience the lifestyle of local people.
10.30: Back to Galaxy Cruise’s restaurant to join cooking class and enjoy lunch.
12.00: Disembark and transfer back to Hanoi.
16.00: Arrive in Hanoi. End the journey.
Children rate and policy:
- Children under 4: free of charge
- Children from 4 to 7 years old are charged 50% of the tour price, sharing bed and room with two full paying adults, limited to one child per two adults.
- Children above 7: Normal price
Note from the tour:
*Hotel accommodation on the first day of the tour is not included in the tour price. If you need assistance for room booking, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We guarantee the best rate compared to any other hotel booking site.
**Hotel and breakfast cost on 4th day (back from Sapa) in the itinerary is included in the tour price. At least 2 persons per double/twin room. Single supplement: $10 USD – pay at hotel reception. If you are a family and would like a family suite, there’s no supplement for 3 or over 3 adults (over 7 years old) per family suite.
Tour price includes:
- Cookery demonstrations ,Tai Chi Session
- Fruits and red wine in room
- Hotel + homestay+Boat + kayakking: Safe, clean and beautiful. Room on boat with A/c
- Train tickets Ha Noi/Lao Cai return
- 2 way airport transfer
- All meals are mentioned in tour program (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner).
- Transport as tour program.
- English speaking tour guide.
- All mentioned accommodations, entrance fees, security permits.
- Drinks, Phone call, other private expenses.
Note: Please bring along a good pair of walking/sport shoes, raincoat/small umbrella, jackets, inspect repellent and suncream